5.14.2012

Couch crafting

Since my time on the couch has been an all-day occurrence, I decided last week to have Chris get my sewing machine out that I hadn't used for, oh let's say, about 7 months. Oopps! But I figured what better time to relearn my machine, and work on baby projects. It's been quite fun I'm not gonna lie. I had to find something productive to do. One can only lay and watch movies for so long before you start going crazy! Well, ok truth is I'm probably still going crazy being stuck inside, but it must be done. At least the weather has been amazing so we can have the windows open, so I still feel like I'm getting fresh air. I've become quite familiar with pinterest and tutorials as a result of bedrest. So my first few projects were burp cloths. And then I made a small minky blanket. Next up were pacifier clips. And the final project was a newborn outfit for a girl at the hospital. I already found and bought the cute lil onesie and hat for a boy, so I decided to make one for a girl. I think it turned out pretty cute if i do say so myself. Oh, and I just had to make a matching headband too!!!

So, in the midst of trying to get our house ready for Youngin, I've had to go through my closet and get rid or clothes. But some of the stuff was too easy to keep for craft ideas, so I kept a pile aside just for that. So, last night after making some things for baby, I decided to make a couple things for mommy :-). Definitely not the greatest, but I'm still learning how! Here's a T-shirt I up-cycled by adding ruffles out of an old t-shirt, and then used some fabric that I had to make a matching headband. Again, I definitely don't claim to be a sewing expert, but it's kept me busy and kept my mind off of things.

Okay, so just a little update in case anyone missed out. I went back for an ultrasound on Saturday morning, and my fluid level was up to 7.7!!! I was SO relieved. I thought I had come to peace with the fact that we may have been making a trip back to the hospital after my baby shower for induction if my fluid level had been any lower than 5, but once Saturday morning rolled around, I realized I wasn't ready at all. And not so much "house ready", but mainly mentally and emotionally!! But God worked it all out! So, now I'm just waiting to hear back from the office as to when my appointment for this week will be. I'm trying my very best to keep everyone updated, so I'll do my best.

As for my baby shower, wow am I a blessed girl!! I got so much great stuff!! I can't even begin to thank everyone enough for coming, and my family and friends that help put throw the shower! I loved the decor, and just.....everything!!! I had so much fun sitting on my couch going back through everything Saturday night! Chris did just as I predicted and walked in, stopped dead in his tracks and said "where in the world are we gonna put all this?!" LOL! He's managed to find places for most things already. He Laundered all the clothes, blankets, towels, rags, and burp cloths and I sat and folded it all last night. I wish it was as fun to fold our clothes as it was the baby's!! Instead of buying a crib and changing table set, we decided to have a modge podge variety of furniture. So we are taking my old desk and Chris is refinishing and painting it antique style and we are going to use that as the changing table. Saves us money, and gives the nursery a unique look at the same time :-). He will be painting it this evening and then I can post pictures as soon as its finished. I forgot to take before pics....ooops! That's where the imagination will have to step in! Things are coming together and baby will be here before we know it. Well, it's time for my medicine and then I'm back to more crafting. Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment